PARENTS OF STUDENTS IN 6th and 7th GRADE NEXT YEAR
The Tarkio and Fairfax schools have decided to allow 6th grade participation in extra-curricular athletic activities starting in the fall of 2023. Over the course of the next few weeks coaches will be meeting with students who will be in grades 6 and 7 next year to give out summer information. As parents with JH Students next year I wanted to give you a little information-
- All Students need a physical and proof of insurance to compete in extra-curricular activities.
- On May 9th Joanna Burke will be at the Fairfax School providing physicals for $25.00. If you would like your child to have a physical done at the school please call the HS Office at 660-686-2851 to get your child’s name on the list.
- Summer Athletic camps and activities dates will be given to students by individual coaches and a master summer list will be placed on the school website once completed.
- During the summer and on days when school is NOT in session, it is the parents responsibility to transport athletes to practices.
- During the season, on dates that the school is in session, the school will provide transportation to practices. It is mandatory that students ride the practice transportation unless special arrangements are made with administration.
- During the season all home games (Both games at Fairfax and Tarkio) are considered home games and it is the parents responsibility to get their children to and from events.
- Students will be provided transportation to all away athletic events.
- Due to the timing of our decision to allow 6th grade participation and Cheer Try-outs already starting, it has been determined that current 5th graders will not be allowed to participate in Cheerleading next fall.
- If you have any questions, please contact the HS Office at 660-686-2851 and speak with Mr. Barnes.